If you have a photograph of one of the following units and would like to add it to the site, please contact John A. Shaw. Original photographers and contributors will be given credit with each photograph published on the site. We are looking to add at least one photograph of each locomotive if they can be found. Thank you for any and all help in completing this page.
|Car Type||Capy||Obtained||Prior Owner||Builder||Built||Disposition||Notes|
|21||Coach||52||10/1967||D&RGW #1241||Pullman Standard||1950||Sold to Venezuela, 1972||D&H Color Guide Pg 21|
|22||Coach||52||10/1967||D&RGW #1242||Pullman Standard||1950||Sold to Venezuela, 1972|
|23||Coach||52||10/1967||D&RGW #1243||Pullman Standard||1950||Sold to Venezuela, 1972|
|24||Coach||52||10/1967||D&RGW #1245||Pullman Standard||1950||Sold to Venezuela, 1972||D&H Color Guide Pg 20|
|25||Coach||52||10/1967||D&RGW #1246||Pullman Standard||1950||Sold to Venezuela, 1972|
|31||Coach||62||03/1970||E-L #1302||ACF||1939||"Ausable River"|
|32||Coach||62||03/1970||E-L #1303||ACF||1939||"Bulwagga Bay"|
|33||Coach||62||03/1970||E-L #1309||ACF||1939||"Mount Marcy"renamed "Schroon
D&H Color Guide Pg 27
|34||Coach||62||03/1970||E-L #1313||ACF||1939||"Whiteface Mountain" D&H Color Guide Pg 20|
|35||Buffet-Lounge Dome Car||Leased 8/74||CP #507||Budd||1955||Lease Terminated 4/75||"Willsboro Point" D&H Color Guide Pg 5, 25|
|36||Buffet-Lounge Dome Car||Leased 8/74||CP #500||Budd||1954||Lease Terminated 4/75||"Bluff Point" D&H Color Guide Pg 5, 25|
|41||Dining-Lounge Car||10/1967||D&RGW #1280||Pullman Standard||1950||"Mt. Timpanogos" D&H Color Guide Pg 22
"Staratoga Inn" D&H Color Guide Pg 26
|42||Dining-Lounge Car||10/1967||D&RGW #1281||"Jame Peak" renamed
|43||Buffet-Lounge Car||10/1967||D&RGW #1290||Transferred to Guilford||"Champlain" D&H Color Guide Pg 23|
|51||Baggage-Mail Car||10/1967||D&RGW #1210||Sold to NdeM 1978|
|52||Baggage-Mail Car||10/1967||D&RGW #1211||Sold to NdeM 1978|
|53||Baggage-Mail Car||10/1967||D&RGW #1212||Sold to NdeM 1978|
|56||Baggage Car||10/1967||D&RGW #1200||Sold to C&O 1977||"Town of Stillwater" D&H Color Guide Pg 24|
|100||PV||Business Car||---||9/1976||N&W #102||Transferred to Guilford|
|112||CA||Wooden Open Platform Truss Rod Baggage-Coach||D&H In Color V1 Pg 47|
|151||DP||Dining-Lounge Car||38||1940||Original #607||1928||D&H Color Guide Pg 16|
|152||DP||Dining Car||38||1941||1941||D&H Color Guide Pg 14|
|153||DA||Dining Car||40||3/27/1956||NYC #665||Pullman||1930||D&H Color Guide Pg 17|
|154||DA||Dining-Lounge Car||1941||NYC #519||Pullman||1914||D&H Color Guide Pg 17|
|200||PV||Business Car||---||Wasson||1893||Gerrit Bruin's Book Page 32, 87|
|202||PB||Rebuilt 1974-75||"Lake Placid" D&H Color Guide Pg 15|
|203||PB||Gerrit Bruin's Book Page 19|
|204||PB||Rebuilt 1974-75||"Lake George"|
|205||PB||Rebuilt 1974-75||"Fort Ticonderoga" D&H Color Guide Pg 16, 26|
|206||PB||Rebuilt 1974-75||"Essex County"D&H In Color V2 Pg 27|
|208-221||PB||Commuter Coach||B&A||Osgood-Bradley||Sold to L.I. & Susquehanna.|
|210||PB||D&H In Color V1 Pg 11
D&H Color Guide Pg 18
|222-230||PB||Coach||1940-1944||Original #352-360||Barney & Smith||1916|
|222||PB||70||1939 Worlds Fair Green & Cream
Gerrit Bruin's Book Page 123
|223||PB||70||D&H Color Guide Pg 13|
|227||PB||74||Gerrit Bruin's Book Page 116|
|228||PB||74||Gerrit Bruin's Book Page 80
D&H Color Guide Pg 13
|229||PB||74||Sold to NRHS, Central NY Chapter||Gerrit Bruin's Book Page 34
"C.J.Brierley" D&H Color Guide Pg 27
|230||PB||74||Shaughnessy's D&H Pg 409|
|232||PB||Coach||90||Gerrit Bruin's Book Page 33, 80|
|233||PB||Coach||74||D&H Color Guide Pg 13|
|241||Wooden Truss Rod Coach||D&H In Color V1 Pg 56
D&H Steam Pg 114
|253||PB||Wooden Truss Rod Coach||Shaughnessy's D&H Pg 422|
|265||PB||Six Axle Wooden Truss Rod Coach||D&H In Color V1 Pg 47|
|289||PB||Wooden Truss Rod Coach||D&H Steam Pg 113|
|290||PB||Wooden Truss Rod Coach||D&H In Color V1 Pg 113|
|297||PB||Wooden Truss Rod Coach||D&H Steam Pg 114|
|300||PV||Business Car||10/1955||NYC #300||Pullman||1928||E-L #300 Preserved||W.H.White's Business Car
Gerrit Bruin's Book Page 124
|400||PV||Business Car||1917||Built as #500||Pullman||1914||Museum of Transportation St. Louis 1963||Gerrit Bruin's Book Page 108|
|401-425||BE||Light Weight Baggage||10/1957||ACF||10/1957||Sold to MP(10) & GM&O(15) 1962-64|
|405||BE||Light Weight Baggage||Sold to GM&O renumber as #457||Preserved at the Monticello Railway Museum,Monticello, IL|
|407||BE||D&H Color Guide pg 12|
|443||BE||Baggage Car||1956||Rebuilt 1956 from #702||D&H Color Guide pg 12|
|444||BE||Baggage Car||1956||Rebuilt 1956 from #709||D&H Color Guide pg 12|
|464||BE||Baggage-Mail Car||D&H In Color V1 Pg 53|
|478-483||BE||Rebuilt Late 1930's||ACF||1916|
|478||BE||Baggage-Mail Car||D&H Color Guide pg 11|
|481||BE||Baggage-Mail Car||D&H In Color V1 Pg 64|
|483||BE||Baggage-Mail Car||D&H Color Guide pg 113|
|488||BE||Baggage-Mail Car||Gerrit Bruin's Book Page 77|
|489||BE||Baggage-Mail Car||D&H In Color V1 Pg 53|
|500||PV||Business Car||1917||Pullman||1917||Sold to NdeM 1978||Gerrit Bruin's Book Page 124
D&H In Color V1 Pg 21
|?||Open Platform Coach||MOW #35215||Gerrit Bruin's Book Page 31
D&H In Color V1 Pg 44
|653||Coach (Pay Car)||1893||Rebuilt 1927||Wasson||1893||MOW #35222||Gerrit Bruin's Book Page 124|
|?||Round Roof Commuter Coach||MOW #35511||D&H In Color V1 Pg 32|
|701-708||MB||Arch Roof Baggage Mail Cars||1928-1930||ACF||1928-1930|
|701||MB||Arch Roof Baggage Mail Cars||1928-1930||ACF||1928-1930||D&H Color Guide pg 11|
|708||MB||Arch Roof Baggage Mail Cars||1928-1930||ACF||1928-1930||D&H Color Guide pg 11|
|709-711||MB||Baggage Mail Cars||1917||Pullman Standard||1917||Renumbered from 729-731|
|710||MB||Baggage Mail Car||Sold to Gettysburg RR||D&H Color Guide pg 11|
|716||MB||Baggage Mail Car|
|718-720||MB||Baggage Mail Car|
|721,722||MB||Baggage Mail Car|
|1001||PB||Coach||1967||EL #1001||Standard Steel Car||1925||D&H Color Guide pg 19|
|1010||PB||Coach||1967||EL #1010||Standard Steel Car||1925|
|1012||PB||Coach (4x5)||1967||EL #1012||Standard Steel Car||1925||D&H Color Guide pg 19|
|1014||PB||Coach||1967||EL #1014||Standard Steel Car||1925|
|1021||PB||Coach||1967||EL #1021||Standard Steel Car||1925|
|9561||Dome Car||Amtrak #9561||D&H Color Guide Pg 25|
|16611-16619||Refrigerator, Pax Equip|
|16850-16890||Produce, Pax Equip|
Extracted from a book of diagrams published by Carl Munck
|101||Formerly 545 and 539; built by D&H in 1904 and rebuilt in 1926. 4 wheel trucks and arch roof. Listed on OER as late as 1953. 40 seat capacity with 35'2 ¼" baggage compartment and 33'9" passenger compartment. Overall length 76' 5 3/8"|
|102||Formerly 546 and 549; built by D&H in 1904 and rebuilt in 1927. Virtually identical to #101, this car had 2 pairs of windows either side of the baggage door. Reportedly sold to the Blackmont and Haverhill RR.|
|103||Rebuilt by the D&H at an unrecorded date from an AC&F coach of 1907, the car had a clerestory roof and rode on 4 wheel trucks. Baggage compartment was 26' 2 7/8" while the passenger compartment was 33' 9 3/8". 40 seat capacity. Gone by 1955.|
|105||Rebuilt by the D&H in 1940 into a combine from ACF coach #340, the car had a
baggage compartment of 32'2 7/8" and a passenger compartment for 30 of 27' 9 3/8".
Clerestory roof with 4 wheel trucks.
Originally built as an ACF coach #322 in 1903, it was later renumbered 269 and rebuilt into a combine by the D&H in 1943. It was painted in the World's Fair paint scheme
and had a capacity of 28 passengers. It was retired by 1955.
|107||Shown as being built by Wasson in 1893 as car 197 (later 544), it was rebuilt by D&H in 1928 and renumbered to 107. It had a capacity of 36 passengers and rode on 4-wheel Commonwealth express reefer trucks equipped with Hyatt Roller Bearings. Baggage compartment was 36' 10" while the passenger compartment was 30' 1". The car had two pairs of baggage doors and a blind end, with open platform on the other. It is frequently seen in photos of the Carbondale local trains.|
|108||Built by ACF in 1907, the open platform car had originally been numbered 329 and then 547. Although not noted as such, it appears to be another rebuild of the truss rodded coaches.|
|109||Same data as above, except originally listed as 330 and then 548.|
|111||Built as an open platform coach (#326 renumbered #550, the car had a capacity of 18 passengers. A photo of the car as #550 was taken on 9/20/36 in Oneonta. The photo is in the collection of Bob's Photos.|
|112||Built by ACF in 1907 as open platform coach 328, it was renumbered to 551 and later to 112. No date is given for the rebuild. The car diagram shows 3 bunks in the passenger compartment, so the car is a bit of a mystery.|
|153||Built by Barney & Smith in 1904, the car was originally numbered 600 (later 605 and finally 153. It was rebuilt in 1926 with an arch roof. It rode on 6-wheel Commonwealth top equalized trucks and is reported to have a Colonial décor, as if a Vermont tavern. The car is also reported to have worn the World's Fair scheme at one time. Its retirement date is uncertain-Munck says 1962, but the D&H had purchased replacements well prior to that.|
|161||Another B&S product of 1904, it was rebuilt with a new interior and a arch roof in 1927. The car had a capacity of 28 with a small dining section for 14 and parlor seats for 14. The car was one of the first applications of air conditioning on the railroad.|
|162||Almost identical to 161, this car was rebuilt in 1931 and renumbered from its original 602. Both cars are listed as no longer on the 1946 car listing.|
|163||This car is reported to have been home built as car #603 in 1932 and renumbered by 1942. It originally had a clerestory roof and was given the arch roof during rebuilding. It was air-conditioned and is listed as assigned to the Saratoga-Champlain divisions.|
|601||A Barney & Smith car of 1904, it was built as a parlor-café car. Rebuilt in 1927 by the D&H, this car and sister 602 were used on the Susquehanna Division trains 305-308 until sometime in the mid-1930's. The cars were equipped with Timken roller bearing trucks. Both were out of service by 1946.|
|603||See 163 above.|
|606||Another B&S car from 1907, it was rebuilt by the D&H in 1927 with an arch roof. This was a diner-café, so the original parlor café usage remained. Parlor featured 8 seats and the dining section seated 16.|
|607||The car is listed as being built by the D&H in 1928, but construction features suggest that it was a rebuild of an earlier car-probably another B&S parlor café. It seated 40 customers. In 1940 the car was extensively rebuilt (pull off the door knobs and start from there!) and emerged as diner 151. As such it was painted into the World's Fair colors and served another 20+ years.|
|608||Surprise, this time it started as an ACF product of 1907, car 324. It was rebuilt into pay car 650 and in 1922 converted into diner 608. It was the smallest on the roster, a total of 69' 5 ½" overall. It was out of service by 1946. Its capacity is shown as 30 diners.|
|240||B&S class of 1904, it started as car 246. It was rebuilt in 1932 with a capacity of 82.|
|241||B&S class of 1904, originally car 248. Also rebuilt in 1932 when the letter-board was deepend to replace the arch windows.|
|2nd 241||Munk lists this as a business car on the G&J. It is the restoration of on of the Penn Division commuter cars, As such it was built by Wasson in 1893 and had been in company service prior to the restoration. Its numbers are unknown but samples of such cars include 30110 and 30111. Does anyone know what happened to this car?|
|242||Another B&S of 1907, it was rebuilt in 1932. It was the only arch roof car retaining its arch windows as of 1946.|
|243-245||B&S of 1904, the cars were rebuilt by the D&H in 1922 eliminating the arch windows. 243 and 244 are reported as having the streamlined paint scheme as their final paint.|
|259, 262-263||More B&S cars, this time class of 1907, originally numbered 346, 350 and 351 respectively. These cars featured steel center sills.|
|247-251, 255, 256, 258||All B&S of 1904, they were rebuilt at an unknown date, probably post 1922, with lowered letter boards. 248 and 250 are reported as having carried the World's Fair colors.|
|252||Another B&S class of 1904, this car varied from the above in being slightly loner and having luggage racks in the interior. 252 is also reported as carrying the World's Fair scheme.|
|253, 254, 257||More of the same class, 253 was originally built as 259. No rebuilding data is listed. Capacity is listed as 82.|
|260, 261||B&S class of 1907, these cars retained their arch windows to end of service.|
|264||B&S class of 1904, this car differed in having a smoking section portioned off in the car.|
|265||Originally car 261 from 1904, the car was rebuilt at some point with deeper letter board and no
arch windows. It also had a smoking section portioned off-a practice continued on some of the
steel coaches later ordered by D&H.
|271||An ACF car of 1903 as 236, it was renumbered to 344 and finally 271. Rebuilt by the company in 1927, it had a steel center sill, Disposition date is unknown.|
|273, 276||ACF of 1907, these cars had a capacity of 66. These cars were never rebuilt and lasted at least through 1946.|
|274,275,277,279,281, 282||More ACF of 1907, they were originally numbered 334,335,337,339,341 and 342 in that order. These cars had a capacity of 74 (no luggage rack show on the interior) and were never rebuilt.|
|285||A Wasson product of 1893 it was originally D&HCCo #268. It was later renumbered 13! It was rebuilt in 1927 and retained its open platforms. Used on the Penn Division, it is show as only having 32 seats set up in the middle of the car. Its use is unknown.|
|287-299||Wasson cars of 1893, all were rebuilt in 1929 and 1930. Capacity is listed as 82.|
|Data is taken from the 1927 Inspection of Lines Book and from the 1936 update, both published by the D&H Press, with observations as noted. Additional information from W. Mischler collection. Tracking the cars history is a bit of a puzzle. Company records show 3 cars in service as of the end of 1910. In 1920, the fleet had expanded to 4 cars and on 12/31/56 the fleet numbered five cars.|
|50||(see 1st Car 500)|
|80||D&H Canal Company Gravity RR "Officers Car" built in Carbondale, 1886 to 4'3"gauge.|
|1st #100||(See Car 199)|
|2nd #100||Purchased from the Norfolk and Western sometime around 9/76. Originally N&W Car #102, with diagram dated 8/15/57. Sleeps 8 plus 2 porters. The car was transferred to GTI and remains on their roster.
More precise data is required.
|#199||Built in 1904, the car shell was built by the Oneonta Shops and the interior was constructed as a kit by Barney and Smith of Dayton. The car included a
16' observation section, a 13' dining section, a 6'6" kitchen, a 3'2" pantry, 2 staterooms, 6 berths and 2 folding beds.
The car was rebuilt by Oneonta in 1924 and renumbered 100. It featured a wood body with steel end reinforcements, a steel underframe and measured 67' over the end sills and 77'7" over the buffers. The observation section was modified to 15', the dining room to 14'. The interior was black walnut with head lining of light gray and included 1 drawing room, 1 stateroom and berths for a sleeping capacity of 7 excluding the porters. The rebuilding included electric lights. The car rode on six wheeled trucks and weighed 158,000 lbs.
Became Riding Car # 30107 by 1/1/41.
Its retirement date is unknown.
|1st #200|| Originally built by the Wasson Manufacturing Co. in 1893, the car was constructed with wood underframe and truss rods and weighed in at 69,300 lbs. It rode on four wheeled pedestal trucks and featured a mahogany and ash interior. The car was rebuilt in 1904 to
65'5" length over sills and a weight of 122,000 lbs. The rebuilding included conversion to six wheeled trucks and the addition of a steel channel
In 1927, car 200 underwent a rebuilding the likes of which suggest that the only original features left on the car were its doorknobs! The body was rebuilt with a metal frame superstructure, fishbelly steel underframes and metal side sills. The interior featured black walnut paneling with hardware finished in a satin silver. It included 3 "Pullman" compartments, with a sleeping capacity of 8 excluding porters, and a 29' observation section. The car measured 73' over end sills and weighed in at 160,500 lbs.
Suggestion that the car was rebuilt again with steel siding in 1940.
This car was sold to the Mexican National Railway just prior to the Guilford purchase of the D&H. More precise information regarding the date of sale and current location or condition is needed.
|1st #300||Originally built by the Gilbert Car Works in 1886, the car was originally known as Directors Car #500. Car was renumbered 50 after an overhaul in Oneonta in 1911. It was then renumbered on 6/18/1920 when the car was remodeled into Dining Car #608.
The car was rebuilt again by Oneonta Shops in 1923, reappearing as Car 300. The car was of wood construction with steel end reinforcements. Body length was 73?6? and 84?1 and ?? over end sills. It featured a 12?3? observation section, 12?10 and ?? dining section, 2 staterooms and 1 drawing room with sleeping capacity of 9 plus porters. The car?s interior featured mahogany paneling with head lining of light blue. After reconstruction, the car weighed 166,000 lbs.
Records say the car was converted to Riding Car #30108 by 1/1/41.
A recent purchase from Bob's Photos (37 Spring Street, Ansonia, CT 06401, 203-734-6666) shows the car in Albany on 4/19/36 and again in Oneonta on 5/22/60. The 1960 photo shows the car in company service on what appears to be the Oneonta wreck train as car 30108.
Its retirement date is unknown.
|2nd #300|| Built by Pullman in 1928, this car is believed to be car #2 of the New York Central. D&H diagram S-41328 shows its outline dated 12/13/1955. The car apparently came to the D&H with President William White (D&H President 1954-1966). The car was present in several paint schemes through the 1950?s and returned to the original owner when Mr. White left the D&H. It continued service as #300 through the E-L merger. It was seen on EL and D&H in EL colors as #300 through the late 1960?s.
A photo of Penn Central #2 taken in Springfield, MA on 4/1/71 looks like the same car. Photo caption says the car became a Conrail car (unknown #). Another photo of PC #7 is also similar.
Its current location or condition is unknown.
|#400||(see 2nd 500 below)|
|1st #500||(see 1st 300) Built by Gilbert Car Works in 1886.|
|2nd #500|| Originally built by Pullman Standard in 1911, the car was 73'6" over sills and weighed 174,300 lbs. Its interior featured Cuban mahogany and Circasian walnut paneling. It featured 1 drawing room and 1 stateroom and had a sleeping capacity of 10 people excluding the porters. Of note is the exterior, which was made of steel sheathing interlocked to resemble wood construction.
The car was renumbered as 400 probably at about the time of the delivery of the 2nd Car 500 in 1917.
The car still exists in the collection of the National Museum of Transportation, St. Louis, MO. It was donated by President Hiltz in 1962-supposedly with all interior fittings intact.
The current condition of the car is unknown.
|3rd #500||Built by Pullman Standard in 1917, the car measured 73'6" over sills and weighed 179,000 lbs. upon delivery. Interior fittings included Cuban mahogany and West Indian satinwood paneling. There were 2 staterooms and 1 drawing room with sleeping arrangements for 10 excluding porters.
During the operation of the railroad under Federal control, the car was known as "U.S.R.A. No. 133".
The car was sold to the Mexican National Railways along with Car 200.
Its current location or condition is unknown.
|403||A rather unusual car, it is an open platform car with cupola. Originally D&H 414, it was rebuilt in 1884, making it one of the oldest cars in service. It was entirely made of wood and was scrapped by 1938.|
|411||Built by the company in 1884 as 431, it was rebuilt and renumbered in 1925. Arch roofed it was 53' 7 ½ " over buffers. It was not equipped with diaphragms.|
|412||Built by the company in 1891 as 434, it was rebuilt and renumbered in 1925. It featured a clerestory roof and off set pairs on baggage doors.|
|414-416||Built by the company in 1891 as 439, 441 and 442 respectively, the cars were rebuilt in 1925. They had the same overall length as car 411 above, and at least 2 survived into the mid 1970's in company service.|
|447-448|| Built by the company as 444 in 1892 and 425 in 1891, they were rebuilt in 1931 and 1930 respectfully.
They featured arch roofs and were 64' 5 ½" overall. 447 rode on Taylor trucks while 448 rode on
standard 4-wheel trucks.
|449||Originally built in 1906 as baggage-mail car 727, the car was renumbered after a rebuilding in 1913. It was 5" taller than cars 447-470 and had a width 5" less.|
|450-453,457-460,464,470||Built between 1891 and 1909 the cars rode on a mix of Taylor and Standard trucks. They were rebuilt by the company between 1929 and 1931.|
|454-455||Built in 1901 and 1902 they were originally numbered 471 and 497. No rebuilding date is listed. Both were 65' overall.|
|462, 463, 465, 466||All 4 cars were built in 1905 and rebuilt in 1929 (462 was rebuilt in 1927-perhaps as a class leader for the rest). They were 64' 5 ½" overall and rode on 4-wheel standard trucks. All featured a steel center sill and truss rods.|
|467-469||Built in 1906 to the same length as above, the cars were rebuilt in 1926, retaining their clerestory roofs.|
|471-475||ACF cars of 1907, their overall length was 64' 2". There were never rebuilt. 471 had an arch roof, the rest had clerestory. 2 cars were in the Oneonta wreck train by 1955-30048 and 30054.|
|476-477||Built by the company in 1901, there were unusual in having 6-wheel trucks and windows at the ends of the car. 476 was rebuilt in 1915 and 477 in 1917. The rebuilds may well have been to convert them from gas to electric lighting. The 6-wheel Pullman trucks were replaced with standard 4-wheel trucks in 1947.|
|484-485||Built in 1902 as 950 and 951, these cars were rebuilt in 1930 and 19298. 485 had sanitary facilities installed for a baggage man in 1949.|
|486-487||Built by the D&H in 1891 and 1893, they rebuilt in 1926. The cars had arch roofs and were the common 64' 5 ½" overall. All had steel center sills.|
|488-490||Built by ACT in 1907 as 954, 955 and 953, the cars were rebuilt in 1928. 488 received an arch roof while the others retained the clerestory. All cars were 69' 2" overall|
|491-499||Built between 1889 and 1897, their original numbers were in the 707-716 group (suggesting they might have been RPO's!). The cars were rebuilt between 1913 and 1915, about the time of the arrival of the steel mail cars! They remained in service until 1955.|
|716||Originally built by the D&H as 726, the car was rebuilt in 1914. It featured as steel center sill and no diaphragms. Overall length was 64' 8 ¼ ". This car apparently served as the North Creek RPO. It was removed from service by 1948.|
|718||Built by the company as 700 in 1884, it was rebuilt in 1924. Overall length is 53' 8-¼". It featured a steel center sill and no diaphragms. It was rebuilt with an arch roof.|
|719-720||Built in 1883 as 701 and 705, they were rebuilt in 1913. Overall length is 53' 8-½". Both cars appear to have served in Penn Division traffic.|
|721-722||Ex 490-491, they were built in 1896. They were rebuilt in 1917 and retained the clerestory roof. Overall length is 61' 11 ¼". Both had a 15' 5" RPO section, but only 721 carried a stove in the compartment.|
|800, 801, 824, 825||By 1946 only 4 cars remained on the roster. The lower pair were built in 1898 while the higher pair were 1905 and 1906. 828 was rebuilt in 1927 while the other three were finished in 1930. All were 53' 7 ½" in overall length. All rode on Commonwealth express reefer trucks.|
|802,804,829,831||All were built by the D&H, the first wo in 1900 as 462 and 464. The last pair were products of 1906. The car diagram indicates the presence of 6 vents on each side running the length of the car at about floor height. All were listed as rebuilt in 1911.|